£30000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8954
8 months ago
ASAP / Immediately
FMCG Food Manufacturing
Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens, Liverpool, Merseyside, North West.
A leading food business in the Merseyside area is currently seeking a Specifications Technologist to join their Technical team on a FTC to cover maternity leave..
The successful Specifications Technologist will be responsible for creating / maintaining product specifications for all the major retailers along with ensuring all products comply with company standards and meet customer expectations.
Reporting into the Technical Manager, the Specifications Technologist will have recently worked within a Specification writing role for a food or drink manufacturing company with a good knowledge of the major retailer specifications systems.
Responsibilities of the Specifications Technologist include:
• Update /maintain all finish product specs on both internal and retailer spec systems.
• Understand relevant documentation relating to product specification including HACCP, food safety etc.
• Create pack copy for technical aspects of product artwork and labelling.
• Approval of artwork and labelling.
• Liaise with the NPD and commercial team to ensure all avenues are covered when it comes to a successful end product.
• Maintain technical information systems.
• Understand current food safety law.
You will be self motivated, organised with a focus on attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.