£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8967
about 2 months ago
Reporting to the Quality and Technical Manager, you’ll be responsible for upholding the companies’ exceptional standards through the authentication of all food safety and quality systems, documentation and processes for the site. You’ll be accountable for coordinating all QA work in the Factory and have 2 direct reports, therefore strong leadership skills and are essential for this role along with the ability to drive a continuous improvement environment.
This role requires communication with both internal and external stakeholders and will require excellent communication skills
Responsibilities of the Quality Supervisor include:
• Manage the internal audit system and schedule, ensuring that all audits are completed and non-conformances closed out with any corrective actions followed up accordingly.
• Ensure that all quality issues are promptly dealt with and all associated records are completed.
• Schedule the Laboratory day to day work tasks.
• Perform analytical and sensory testing of raw materials / finished products, evaluating for suitability, quality and performance.
• Recommend new testing procedures and be responsible for technical and support issues.
• Create suitable documentation for test methods, promoting uniformity in the implementation of policies and procedures.
• Lead direct reports in the principles of GLP providing training and technical advice to the team and other relevant site staff.
• Maintain laboratory hygiene through cleaning of lab and equipment.
• Regularly review laboratory testing procedures and policies.
• Support with the approval of customer documentation and respond to customer requests and all customer complaints.
• Support with the implementation and management of all other systems introduced on site.
• Ensure all relevant documentation is written in line with BRC requirements.
• Be a key member of the HACCP team and attend HACCP meetings.
• Implement KPI’s to illustrate conformance etc.
• Support departmental budget setting and adherence to budget.
• Ensure good communications are maintained with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will possess HACCP Level 3, Level 3 Award Supervising Food Safety and have knowledge of food labelling legislation / food legislation / regulations with an understanding of H&S and manual handling.
You’ll have previous food industry experience with thorough knowledge of quality management systems and supplier approval systems experience.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail with a quality and customer focus along with problem solving and analytical skills. You’ll possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to develop strong working relationships, presentation and organisational skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and ERP systems
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.