Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 1 month ago
They are currently looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to lead multi‐discipline design teams to produce the designs for plant and equipment. These designs will cover the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will:
- Produce, check and manage the production of concept, scheme and detail design drawings
- Produce, check and manage the production of technical documents
- Undertake hazard analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification
- Produce designs that conform to relevant legislation, harmonised standards and client requirements
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements
- Ensure designs addresses operability, maintainability, constructability, manufacturability and safety requirements
- Conduct design reviews to demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation, harmonised standards and client requirements
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place
- Undertake optioneering and design studies, producing reports on outcome while making recommendations
- Support the Business Creation process, being the technical lead within bid teama
They will be highly experienced with design of complex mechanical systems, including;
- Robotics and automation systems
- Materials handling equipment
- Remote handling systems
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Containment and shielding systems
- Decommissioning systems
A proven capability to manage multi‐discipline design teams to deliver engineering projects within time and budget is essential.
Due to the nature of this role, Nuclear engineering experience and current SC or DV clearance is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.