Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join an organisation who specialise the provision of bespoke design and manufacture of plant and equipment, across a wide range of markets.
They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for producing design studies and manufacturing designs for Defence related projects and will work within a multi‐discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking the design of equipment.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will:
- Produce design concepts / layouts
- Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirement
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance wit Quality Assurance requirements
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability, and safety issues
- Produce designs that meet with project programmes and budgets.
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc) that enable manufacturing to take place
- Check drawing details
- Undertake design studies and produce reports on outcome while making recommendations
The ability to use 3D CAD is essential.
Due to the nature of this role, Nuclear engineering experience and current SC or DV clearance is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.