Competitive salary + excellent package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Specialist to join a leading Fuel storage and Pipeline Operator, based from London or any of their UK sites.
The Environmental Specialist will report directly into the Head of HSE for the UK and will be responsible for providing environmental expertise and support to the business, to facilitate effective integration of processes, procedures, and policies on matters of HSSE.
They will develop, align and implement environmental procedures and management plans, targets and drive compliance, as well as liaising and interfacing with stakeholders regarding Environmental matters. They will lead the environmental integration activities to align processes and procedures.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the company HSSE policies, procedures and statutory requirements and assist with implementation.
- Providing advice on the preparation of risk assessments and method statements
- Participating in Environmental audits and inspections.
- Managing environmental sampling and monitoring activities, following company reporting protocols
- Providing advice on the prevention of incidents relating to the environment
- Assisting environmental programmes where gaps have been identified and implement subsequent improvement programmes
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and delivery of training courses supporting environmental procedural updates
- Liaising with Competent Authority, HSE, EA/ SEPA, other enforcing authorities and professional bodies, as required
- Providing advice for obtaining legal consents, licenses, and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and environmental permits as required
- Assisting with implementing recommendations from MoD Land Quality Assessments and Environmental Risk Assessments
- Supporting the environmental incident investigation and escalation process
- Monitoring and coordinating corrective and preventative actions to closure
A NEBOSH certificate and valid drivers licence are essential for this position as there may be travel required to sites throughout the UK.
Previous COMAH sites experience is very advantageous.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.