£45000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
Location: All UK - various locations
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the energy, transportation and water sectors.
They are seeking Temporary works designers for various locations in the UK, including Manchester, Birmingham and London.
One of the schemes they currently have is the Thames tideway tunnel:
Thames Tideway Tunnel, Main Works East is a £650m project recently secured by our Client and another company forming a joint venture, to provide a new 7.2m diameter tunnel to divert waste from the Victorian built sewer from discharging into the Thames. The tunnel runs from Chambers Wharf to Abbey Mills where it connects with the Lee Tunnel. The works include: the main tunnel drive, a connection tunnel from Greenwich Pumping Station, shaft constructions, a connection to the newly constructed Lee Tunnel project, and minor works at Beckton Sewage Treatment, all as part of an overall project to reduce sewer discharge overflows into the River Thames.
Within the Design Process, the Temporary Works Designer is specifically responsible for:
· Ensuring that the requirements of the project’s Design Management Plan are properly implemented.
· Ensuring that the project’s Temporary Works procedures are properly implemented as they pertain to design.
· Preparing temporary work designs in compliance with project procedures.
· Undertaking design checks of the temporary work designs prepared by others.
· Liaising and coordinating to facilitate any external category design checks of your designs.
· Work with site team to ensure conceptual design briefs are agreed, together with the information required, before proceeding with any design.
· Ensuring a Design Risk Assessment has been carried out and mitigations are adequately communicated on the design documents.
· Completing the handover of designs to the construction teams to ensure full understanding of the design residual risks.
· Considering and respond to Field Change Requests, Design Change Applications and Non-Conformance Reports.
· Engaging with third parties in communicating aspects of the design that require explanation or clarification.
· Ensure that the correct design information is available on time to meet delivery schedules.
· Ensuring changes to design requirements or to critical information are formally communicated to and agreed with the Designers and Checkers.
· Ensuring designs are coordinated with the permanent works, with other temporary works, with existing assets and with existing and newly installed services.
· Ensuring, when required, that adequate coordination/ liaison has taken place with the Permanent Works Designer, the Lead Designer and Principal Designer on design issues and information for the Health and Safety File.
· Providing any maintenance requirements or specific inspection regimes associated with the design.
· Tertiary education in an appropriate subject
· Previous TW design experience at senior designer level
· Ability to undertake designs that incorporate geotechnical, structural steel, and structural concrete elements
· Ability to assess and justify impact on existing structures impacted by the construction work
· Be familiar with CDM and incorporate those Regulations in the approach to design
· Ability in MicroStation / AutoCAD
· Hold valid CSCS card
Competitive salary and benefits
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.