£50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
27 days ago
This is an exciting role due to considerable and continued growth and investment within this company, a very exciting but challenging “blank canvass” opportunity with full support, but where somebody can implement their own ideas and experience to really make it their own. This is a very hands-on role where you will be required to lead, motivate, inspire and develop your team. Days based Monday to Friday, you would need to be flexible adaptable to the needs of the business but that flexibility will be returned.
You will be an experienced Manager with a proven track record of implementing change with proven leadership and communication skills operating within an FMCG Food Manufacturing environment. Able & willing to “get stuck in”, you will need to be comfortable in leading change, a team builder who inspires people to perform at their best.
Reporting into the Factory Manager, you will take responsibility for managing the production, packing lines and people to ensure that all products are manufactured according to specification, required quality standards, to time and in a safe working environment whilst using the correct quantity and quality of raw materials.
Manufacturing Manager – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Manufacture all products according to plan, specification and quality to minimise waste. Ensure this is done as cost effectively as possible using a range of modern lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure that you have an understanding of the next day and coming weeks/months requirements in terms of production, resources, skills and materials
- Communicate and take action as appropriate to all KPIs (including yield, wastage, customer service, plan completion, quality report, absence and all other associated KPIs)
- Ensure all team members are suitably trained, understand their objectives and the standards required and are reliable and punctual in their attendance whilst being motivated to do their job, ensure training records are kept up to date and suitable training plans in place.
- Have responsibility for performance, conduct, attendance and timekeeping. You will also lead disciplinary hearings, up to and including dismissal, with the support of HR.
- Have a process in place to ensure that all employees complete a Return to Work form after any period of absence. Keep your Manager and HR up to date with any employees absent Long of Short term.
- Maintain a safe working environment; including clean and tidy working areas and ensuring all employees are wearing the correct PPE from a safety and food safety perspective. Ensure all staff are working to the SSOW procedures and are involved in the health and safety improvement activities.
- Play a leading role in the department daily meetings.
- Work with the New Product Development team and Technical to successfully carry out production trials and launch new products.
- People management skills (counselling, disciplinary, training needs)
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Basic understanding of engineering principles (advantageous)
- Understanding of practical application of production, technical, HR and safety processes and procedures including working practices.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.