£31500 - £32500 per annum, Benefits: Plant bonus
+44 (0)151 666 8943
3 months ago
Conveyor Technician / Engineer - (Part of the Days Mechanical Maintenance Team)
A leading FMCG Manufacturer is seeking a Conveyor Maintenance Technician / Engineer to add to their Engineering team on Days.. This site is being heavily invested in and continues to grow. For this role, you would be working within a specific part of the manufacturing plant with a substantial amount of conveyors and equipment, and would need to have min 3 years experience of working within a Conveyor Maintenance function within a fast paced environment.
To provide Days based breakdown & preventative maintenance support on all of the conveyors in the manufacturing area to achieve high levels of conveyor reliability and production capability across a 24/7 operational plant.
Conveyor Technician - Summary of responsibilities:
- Ensure that conveyors are maintained both proactively and reactively to deliver safe and reliable operation in line with planned production requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
- Assist the Area Engineering Supervisor in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for timely completion of all relevant plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
Apprentice trained and qualified, as well as relevant academic qualifications (i.e. C&G or NVQ in a Mechanical Engineering discipline) are essential for this role. Ideally you will have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a Conveyor Maintenance function within a fast paced environment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.