+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HSE Advisor to cover 9 – 12 months maternity cover for an industry leader in the processing and distribution of primary and secondary aggregates.
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for monitoring and advising on the company's Health & Safety activities ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, as well as upholding the company's HSQE accreditations. They will promote and support continuous improvement and best practice across 8 sites in the South of England.
• To ensure that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health & Safety legislation, procedures and company policies.
• To carry out internal audits of the H&S management system, and undertake site inspections.
• Investigate incidents and assist in effectively implementing recommendations and improvements to address root causes.
• Promote a positive health & safety culture and provide competent and practicable assistance to personnel.
• Provide reports and data on Health and Safety performance for the HSQE Manager.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Experience in a similar role and ideally industry (quarries/ aggregates)
• Previous experience of conducting internal audits
• Previous experience of accreditation (ISO} audits
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills
• Familiarisation with quality management systems would be an advantage.
This role will be based across 8 sites in the South of England so a clean driving licence is essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.