Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
14 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a global leader in public transport infrastructure specialising in the mass transit rail sector.
The Project Manager will support the development and continued success of the business, working across some of the highest profile and flagship infrastructure projects in the UK.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of key infrastructure projects and will have proven experience of:
• Scope and schedule management
• Risk and issue management
• Finance and cost control management
• Resource and people management
• Benefits management
• Commercial and contract management
Experience of facilitating workshops and meetings is a pre-requisite for this role. Combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills, passion, resilience and tenacity.
Key Responsibilities and Measures:
• Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation to define and achieve mutual understanding of the scope.
• Understanding what constitutes an end-to-end, thorough, cross-functional schedule for the project and involve stakeholders as appropriate to create a valid plan.
• Continual management and development of client relationships.
• Project planning to ensure integration of all activities, dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
• Ensuring a comprehensive budget is prepared, reflecting the plan and all resource needs.
• Ensuring non-people resources are identified so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
• Ensuring all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and that justification for such resources is clear in the event of constraints arising as a result of other work responsibilities.
• Directing and motivating project teams to achieve the desired results, often using matrix management, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
• Ensure effective management of third party suppliers to the projects.
Significant experience within the Rail industry with proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost and quality, is essential. Ability to demonstrate robust stakeholder management skills and a natural ability to expand and develop client relationships as well as sound Commercial and Contractual understanding of commonly used Construction Industry Contracts, is highly desirable.
The project Manager should also have experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall and Membership of The Association for Project Management and/or membership of a relevant professional institution and/or relevant demonstrable experience.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.