£375 - £450 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
30 days ago
Our Client is a UK based Technology and engineering company, they provide infrastructure services to the energy, water and gtransportation sectors.
An opportunity has arisen for a General Foreman to support them on a Highways scheme on the M1 in Northampton. This role is night work.
The role and responsibilities
- Lead by example and ensure that safe behaviour both maintaining and improving the culture of health and safety on site.
- Identify and facilitate elimination or reduction of potential hazards through design where possible. Implement and ensure the maintenance of safe systems of work in accordance with the SHE procedures and current best practice. (This includes regularly assessing new risks and hazards which may not have previously been covered)
- Manage the Supervision on site to ensure safe methods of works are used and the effect on the environment is minimised.
- Ensure both RAMS and SOS briefings are being carried out prior to any works being carried out.
- Ensure all supervisors and operatives are fully trained and have the correct ticket for the works they are carrying out.
- Ensure all works are adequately supervised.
- Proactively encourage the reporting of Near Miss/Observations and raise at least 3 a week.
- Ensure all LOLER / PUWER / Excavation inspections / TBT’s + Take 5 are carried out.
- Check all PTD's have the right information and are being adhered to by all staff members.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate Welfare facilities are provided and maintained.
- Put Safety above all else recognise that our priority is the safety of our people and those affected by our work. This will never be compromised.
- To review at the end of each shift that all works are barriered off and full PPE compliance when undertaking any works.
- Ensure no plant or materials are left across a Works Access or Exit at end of shift.
- Promote WHAT CAN GO WRONG if anything is highlighted this MUST be brought to the attention of your direct line manger ASAP.
- To review lcosnet for any shortfalls in training requirements for GF and look to start at the SGF role training needs during M1 13 -16 scheme.
- Promote a culture of "Right first Time" and "zero defects through engineering excellence. Monitor supervision of works continuously and ensure workmanship is up to the required standard, report any defects to Senior Engineer + Line Manage Ensure timescales for commitments, actions and deliverables are met.
- Partake in both daily and weekly programme meetings to both monitor and challenge the programme, and ensure works are programmed efficiently.
- Undertake a daily diary of companies under your control, on what was forecast to actual outputs and hand to Line manager end of each shift.
- Ensure works are delivered to budget by ensuring resources are maintained at correct level, minimising plant stand down and wastage.
- Work with foreman to monitor and forecast resource, and according costs.
- Check materials storage at both compounds are as per CGT high standards always.
- Do not over promise or under deliver. No surprises – keep stakeholders informed through a culture of openness and trust. Innovation & Empowerment – through openness and trust help to create an empowered culture that fosters a climate of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Collaboration and Respect – recognise that by working in collaboration we can create a win-win culture that respects and values the contributions of each other.
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers to plan and co ordinate the works. Provide feedback to the Subcontractor package manager to allow the subcontractor performance reviews to be completed.
- Ensure Subcontractors works to the same SHE standard as self-delivered works. Promote CGT in a manner that becomes a GF, from right image of PPE / Vans clean inside + Out + Tidy Site. Work with Inspectors to fully understand what Specification says and to allow the working teams to be more efficient.
- To promote honest and open discussions with all Contractors. Promote within the Contractors Teams Take 5 and record what each gang has found on a Wednesday report to your Line Manager.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.