South West England
£40 - £50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
Our Client is leading design engineering consultancy, they operate worldwide in various sectors,including water.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for Senior Civil Engineers to join their Water teams based in Exeter, Birmingham and London/Croydon offices delivering detailed design for utilities elements of the HS2 project.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Delivery of allocated technical outputs for project related assignments, work elements, work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical design tasks in accordance with the HS2 project requirements and Arcadis’ quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of Civil Engineering design inputs/outputs for infrastructure type work (e.g water, power, gas and telecoms diversion work for the HS2 project).
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Maintain good relationships with Client’s key representatives and contribute to internal and project deadlines
- Design management, team leadership/mentoring and client relationship skills
- Relevant engineering degree; post-graduate qualifications an advantage
- Extensive post-graduate experience, focussing on utility infrastructure design,
- You must be a Chartered Civil Engineer with experience in the water and/or energy industry
- Application of British and European Standards and codes of practice
- Have a sound knowledge of the industry, knowledge of managing and maintaining infrastructure assets and have up to date on knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed outline, feasibility, and detailed design skills
- Ability to deliver quality outputs and meet project deadlines effectively
- Practical knowledge of Civils 3D would be an advantage
- Practical knowledge of horizontal directional drilling and pipe jacking
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.