£35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
6 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire
Monday – Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
A degree of flexibility would be required as the site runs 24/7
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer in East Kilbride seeking a Process Improvement Lead to join their team. This role has always been present in the business but shared by area managers, however due to significant growth it has now become a full time requirement in itself - a fantastic opportunity for somebody to make it their own.
In this role you will provide leadership for operating teams to deliver the range of operational key performance indicators by engaging in Continuous Improvement work streams. You will be the key to leading projects to improve operational efficiencies and reduction of waste on site by engaging with teams and utilising operational brilliance resources.
Process Improvement Lead – Brief summary of Key responsibilities:
- Leading and lagging safety leadership performance. Reduction in accidents YOY
- Quality: Zero withdrawals/recalls and contribute to target complaints per million Year on Year (YoY) improvement. Reduction YoY of product hold for production.
- Green every day Audit & GMP compliance for production. Operational change projects will involve improvements in GMP, quality of the product and always striving for AA+ grade.
- Labour costs reduction YoY and achievement of relevant PIPs (profit improvement plans) on target
- Yields and material usage improvements YoY and achievement of relevant PIPs on target
- Cover Area Managers during absence or holidays by leading the shift by adhering to key KPIs (H&S, Quality, Costs, conformance and adherence to plan, accuracy of M3 inputs, service and people)
- Ensure that Tier meeting structure is adhered to with quality and timely input and output from each meeting. Drive and support digitalisation of the Tier structure and other aspects of factory KPIs and information gathering.
- Ensure that FLMs are upskilled in use and maintenance of skills matrix. Regular audits of the matrix and SOPs are a must to ensure compliance and skilled workforce to sustain performance.
- Up-skilling of FLMs and FLM support through regular 1-2-1s, PDRs and development programmes
- Area leads and OBP practitioners are trained and actively participate in the projects with significant savings in materials and labour expected. Driving continuous improvement in every major KPI area (H&S, Service, Cost, People) through OBP, Process Blueprint and other work streams.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.