£35800 - £39800 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
2 months ago
£35,800 rising to £39,800
4on, 4off, Days & Nights
A leading FMCG manufacturer is currently seeking an Engineering Team Leader to join their Engineering team on a permanent basis. This company are doing extremely well and have continued to grow and expand with continued investment and development plans.
As an Engineering Team Leader you would be responsible for your individual Engineers on shift, their location and the work they are performing. You would support your team of Engineers in providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels.
Your priority is delegating the workload to your team and then assisting in the Engineering tasks such as PPM, T-Cards, CWO’s, reacting to breakdowns.
Engineering Team Leader: Summary of Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and assist in the prioritisation of the plant.
- Ensure all breakdowns, maintenance tasks and Health and Safety implications are communicated through to the appropriate team.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager, Area Engineering Supervisor and Shift Operations Manager in site prioritisation and delegate your team of Engineers to perform the tasks.
- Ensure that the detailed procedure of Shift Change / Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all relevant paperwork is compiled correctly with the on-coming personnel.
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed, such as T-Cards, SAP etc.
- Ensure your Shift Engineers are working safely to our Standards and Practises.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Ideally min 2 years experience in Leadership within a fast paced environment.
- Having the skills to manage a small team of Engineers.
- Ability to communicate successfully and have a good level of people skills
- Good academic qualifications (i.e. HNC / ONC in Engineering or equivalent)
- Apprentice trained & qualified
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.