£27300 - £30300 per annum, Benefits: pension, holiday, occupational health
+44 (0)151 666 8999
9 months ago
£27700 – 30300 - pension, holiday, occupational health
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off shifts
An exciting opportunity to join a large production business in South Liverpool who are part of a multi billion pound group and have over 500 staff on site, running a 24/7 operation.
This is a key role to help continue the businesses push to using the latest technology within their plant through the use of Automated Guide Vehicles. This role sits within the Logistics team who are responsible for supporting the logistical movement of materials and waste around the production site. The purpose of this role is to manage the movement and operation of all Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) across the site.
This role suits someone well who is used to working in a warehouse/logistics environment and is used to working with the control of automated equipment.
- Maintaining the operation of the AGV fleet and associated system
- Monitoring the movement of AGVs and material ensuring predetermined schedules are met through the MAX client system
- Troubleshooting and solving operational problems related to AGV service
- Manually operating AGVs on the shop floor where required via dog collar
- Supporting the day to day maintenance of the AGVs and its systems
- Ensuring that the AGV systems communicate with other relevant systems e.g. building management systems including fire systems and door interfaces
- Controlling and managing operational workflows through the use of personal handheld device and portable or desktop computer
- Self-motivated individual who is proactive in their approach and a confident decision maker
- Excellent inter-personal skills able to communicate and interact with all stakeholders and levels across the business up to Department Head.
- Methodical and structured in approach to problem solving
- Highly computer literate- especially with Windows Based system, as well as being
- Ability to drive Stockiin truck preferred but not essential
- Organised and can demonstrate strong planning and coordination skills
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of inventory management and the movement of material in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of Technique system preferred
- Experience within a Logistics I Manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Previous experience of automated systems would be beneficial but not essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.