£35715 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8968
5 months ago
As soon as possible
Based in Liverpool
12 month contract initially
A major pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint an additional QC Bioassay Analyst to their site based in Liverpool. Hours of work are 5 days on 3 days off 8am – 5.00pm and 8.00am – 4.00pm on the 5th day.
The successful candidates will be responsible for performing ELISA and SDS PAGE techniques in support of the manufacturing of the flu vaccine. Experience in both techniques (ideally) from a role in Industry to cGMP is essential. Candidates without the relevant industry experience unfortunately won’t be considered.
The purpose of the QC Analyst role is to compliantly perform QC laboratory testing, data review and data interpretation in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Analysis is performed on in-process, intermediate and finished vaccine products, raw materials and utilities samples.
QC Analysts are also required to participate in technical and validation studies in support of both departmental and site objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum qualified to HNC/HND/Degree Level in a Biology related subject.
- The role holder must be computer literate with an eye for detail, with the ability to gain a detailed understanding of multiple processes and procedures.
- Experience in ELISA, Immunoassays and SDS PAGE are essential.
- Relevant experience working in a pharmaceutical/bio-technology environment. The role holder will also have good knowledge of cGMP requirements and an understanding of the regulatory processes.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills are required. Time management, diplomacy, assertiveness, leadership and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. A positive, flexible and pro-active approach to work is required.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.