+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Designer to join a leading UK Defence organisation, to manage a portfolio of packages through the design phase. The Design Coordinator will internally manage the packages of work, produce relevant documentation and ensure that all processes are managed through the relevant governance routes.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting procurement during the contract phase with the referred design house and/ or supplier
- Review, check and feedback on the technical output from the design house and/ or supplier
- Be the SQEP Point of Contact for all Technical Queries
- Ensure integration of the design with the rest of the facility and systems within it
- Provide guidance to the design house and/ or supplier on what is required for a detailed design review gate
- Present the detailed design at a detailed design gate to gain endorsement to proceed to manufacture
The Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Design Coordinator will;
- Be capable of producing supplier specifications for the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of C&I equipment for a nuclear licenced site
- Understand and provide guidance to the supply chain on what is expected in order to provide adequate design substantiation against C&I design codes and standards
- Be familiar with industry recognised modern codes and standards for C&I equipment, such as BS EN 61508 and BS EN 61513
- Be familiar with the terms relevant good practice and relevant best practice and have an understanding of how this is realised in the design and justification of C&I equipment for a Nuclear licenced site
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.