£30000 - £31000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
Darwen - Blackburn
£30000 - 31000 -attractive package including pension scheme with generous company contributions, private health insurance, life insurance, flexible working and free parking, plus access to wellbeing and discount employee schemes.
As a result of continued success our client has an opportunity for a new Mechanical Fitter to join to join their Engineering team on their manufacturing site in Darwen.
An exciting time to join this organisation, our client is a world leading chemical manufacturer of a range products for a variety of industries on a global scale. They are an award winning business, with over 30 years experience within their specialist sector, encompassing design development and manufacturing of their own specific product range on site.
There is opportunity in this role for progression in the future, but would suit someone with a solid background welding/fabricating and mechanical fitting to help the upkeep of mechanical production equipment on site, assemble new machinery etc.
- Strictly adhering to H&S policies whilst undertaking any task
- Undertaking planned and reactive maintenance of machinery and production equipment
- Mechanical fault finding and resolving reoccurring issues
- Read and understand drawings and engineering part specifications
- Assemble products in accordance with applicable drawings
- Strip, clean & inspect equipment to a high standard and record findings
- Working as part of the Maintenance Engineering team and wider department
- A relevant qualification at a suitable level i.e. ONC or above
- Proven experience from a mechanical engineering background, welding and fabrication exposure
- A high concern for Safety and Quality standards in all aspects of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment with fast and effective fault-finding and problem solving skills
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.