£320 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
9 months ago
6 months +
Our Client is a UK based Technology and Engineering Company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the UK's Transportation, Energy and Water sectors.
They have successfully secured 5 years of work with Southern Water for their AMP7 programme of works (2020 to 2025).
Working predominantly in the East of Southern Water’s region the scale of the works is likely to be greater than £350m and will comprise of multiple sites across Kent and Sussex on both clean and dirty water sites.
The AMP7 model has been transformed to enable a more efficient and collaborative way of working.
Such a model requires the best people to be working in the concept and definition project phases through into delivery arriving at the most economical solutions to meet the Clients regulatory requirements.
The programme delivery approach will require a blend of both programme delivery and project expertise across all disciplines.
They require a temporary experienced Site Manager… Managing a team of 6-10 people on site in Aylesford (Kent)
Scope of works
· Develop scheme Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan (HASEMP)
· To ensure works are constructed defect free
· Ensure all works are undertaken with due regard to the needs of the local population within the immediate vicinity of the works and the travelling public as a whole
· Manage, supervise and mentor the site team as appropriate
· Ensure only adequately trained and experienced operatives are engaged on site to deliver the scheme
· Adopt, maintain and promote cost conscious management through efficient use of all resources
· Ensure realistic scheme programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated
· Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, reviewed, briefed and updated
· Deliver site inductions and regular toolbox talk briefings to all site personnel
· Ensure all plant and equipment used is fit for purpose, only operated by suitably trained personnel and regularly inspected
· Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form
· Keep line management apprised of potential problems and opportunities
· Ensure all “as constructed” records are provided to the CDMC for inclusion within the Health and Safety File in a timely manner following scheme completion.
Experience, skills and requirements
· Recognised Civil Engineering/Site Management Qualifications
· Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
· Health, Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH or Construction Managers Safety Certificate
· Valid Driving Licence
· CSCS Site Manager (Min)
· First Aid at Work
· Understanding of Engineering Principles
· Incorporated or Chartered status
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.