£40 - £45 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
5 months ago
12 months ongoing
Location: Primarily various site locations: Office Bristol/Exeter or Cardiff Business area:
Our Client is currently looking for a Structures Site Engineer to join their Structures Design Team on the South West Design Services Contract which is part of Highways England South West Design Support Contract.
Reporting to the Structures Manager, your main responsibility will be to provide site support to the Client and the liaise with Designers for solutions to queries raised on site.
Additionally, to provide support where required by the Client, the role of Works Examiner representative on site in accordance with CG300.
This is primarily a site role.
Site Engineer Role:
- Provide technical supervision on various site works to ensure that design constraints are complied with by CWF contractors.
- Provide a design decision making presence on site and link to specialist off site technical resources to aid timely, efficient and practical resolutions to issues that will be encountered on site requiring design advice, guidance and amendments.
- Monitoring of construction sequence on site to ensure compliance with design sequence specified. Take active role in Quality Control on site being a design representative signatory to Hold Points agreed within individual Inspection & Test Plans for various elements of Permanent Works. Monitor material quality and testing for materials incorporated in the Permanent Works. In particular to ensure compliance with Specification
- Take an active role in supporting the resolution of site design issues including agreed rectification measures for any Non-Conformance Reports raised in connection with Permanent Works.
- Attendance as designer representative during site investigation and trial holes to ensure require details are obtained and to record site findings.
- Willingness to work at night as some of the site works activities and the majority of surveys are carried out during night-time.
- Compliance with the Clients SHEMS Requirements and all H & S Legislation.
- Independent examination to provide assurance that the preparatory construction activities not included in the permanent works have been carried out in advance of execution e.g. concrete testing.
- Independent examination to provide assurance that the permanent works construction activities have been carried out in advance and during the execution e.g. concrete pour. Raise any considered non-compliance with Highways England Site Supervisor.
- Re-examine where necessary and recommend acceptance of activity to Highways England Site Supervisor.
- Materials. To obtain confirmation that all materials and proprietary products have been formally approved by Highways England Site Supervisor in accordance with the contract for use in the permanent works.
- Testing o Attendance for agreed site testing to confirm conformance with Specification requirements. Highways England Site Supervisor to provide any additional/revised testing to allow confirmation of satisfactory execution.
- To obtain confirmation that all testing results associated with the Permanent works have been formally approved by Highways England Site Supervisor for incorporation into the Permanent Works, or that suitable measures have been taken and documented to rectify noncompliance.
- To confirm that all changes of Works information issued by Highways England Site Supervisor have been incorporated into the Permanent Works.
- Liaising with the Designer and HE site Supervisor to ensure TAA have been informed of any amendments to the design, during execution, which have structural implications. To examine/obtain confirmation any such agreed amendments are incorporated into the Permanent Works.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and progressing to be or are a Chartered / Incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MIStructE).
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in the inspection and construction of highway structures.
- Experience in the assessment and design of highway structures would be desirable.
- Experience of working on contracts for Highways England would be desirable.
- Experience of highway structures with experience of DMRB and other Highways England standards.
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM.
- Having a CSCS and Driving License is essential.
IR35 assessments will be undertaken before starting work for our Client. To enable this to start they need the following information:
- Company name
- Individuals name
- Email address
- Start date
- End date
- This job summary contains enough information about the role that will enable them to answer questions. The prospective applicant would need to pay £79 to Qdos. The payment does not guarantee that the assessment is outside IR35 and our Client would not recompense the company for this cost. If the assessment shows the role to be inside IR35 then any temporary applications will need to demonstrate appropriate PAYE processes and deducts PAYE tax and NIC for all individuals engaged through individual personal service companies where they are in scope of IR35.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.