£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Other Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
£30-35k salary depending on experience plus benefits
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Planner to join a successful manufacturing business, planning the workload for a team of engineers within a fast paced FMCG facility.
Should you have a background supporting an Engineering Manager coordinating labour requirements on site to meet daily engineering targets and maximising productivity and keeping downtime to a minimum then this role will suit you perfectly.
This role is ideal for someone looking to come in and put their own stamp on a department and be in charge of their own area within the team. The role reports into the sites Engineering Manager.
- The role is responsible for planning/scheduling engineering for the team on our clients large manufacturing site, encompassing several manufacturing lines
- The candidate will need to form a close working relationship with the Engineering Manager and Engineers on shift, but also with the sites Production team
- The role will involve ensuring the sites Planned & Corrective Maintenance Strategy is delivered
- You will form part of the Engineering team, and will help them ensure the delivery of the departmental objectives and KPI’s.
- You will ensure that maintenance is carried out in accordance with site health and safety and compliant rules.
- We want the individual to be comfortable coordinate labour requirements and prioritise work to meet daily engineering tasks to maximise performance and reduce downtime.
- Coordination of future engineering/projects work, ensuring tools and materials are in place to meet tight deadlines.
- Coordinate technical trials, liaising with the Production planner to confirm machine availability to support NPD
- Evaluate machine performance and raise considerations for replacement Capex if supported by the data
- Develop and maintain critical spares list for stores and machine parts
- Identify key kpi failures in line with engineering expectations.
- Prepare and develop reports using our clients planning system, focussing on lost time incidents and consistently poor performing equipment
- Plan/schedule and log machine output working in accordance with Production and Engineers
- Maintain and update machine service, TPM and screw &barrel log
- Develop and organise a system for contractor service records.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages including excel and Word
- We are looking for someone who is pro‐active, and can help to identify ways to improve department efficiency.
- Engineering background desirable but not essential
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.