£61 - £64.76 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8918
3 months ago
Scantec are currently looking for a SQL DBA for one of our most prestigious clients.
IR35 Status: Inside
You will be responsible for the support of Microsoft SQL Server database and associated application technologies; some experience of Oracle will be useful.
To provide end-to-end database/application support, ensuring that supported services meet, or better performance targets agreed and documented in Service Level Agreements.
- Provide database and application support for Oracle / SQL Server databases, applications, and tools.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Deliver a service compliant with the Service Level Agreements and monitor Service Level Agreements to ensure that all supported services continue to operate in line with business requirements.
- Undertake problems investigation with supported services, ensuring that they are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor activity and trends against supported services and work with colleagues and customers to initiate regular exercises to optimise database performance.
- Develop and maintain database/application configurations and standards, ensuring that all standards are applied.
- Develop and support database interfaces, to ensure that data is managed and controlled appropriate to the classification of the data.
- Monitor, review and implement database security in-line with company policy and industry best practice. Identify and articulate risks associated with processing information within computer systems and networks in relation to supported services.
- Reviewing and applying database product patches, in line with vendor recommendations.
- Undertake the building, cloning, and patching of support environments. Provide and maintain scripts to automate the monitoring and cloning of environments for quick and effective fault diagnosis.
- Maintain installations, upgrades and maintenance of the database server, applications, and tools.
- Monitor database/application storage and growth trends, and initiate capacity management plans for supported services.
- Develop and test database recovery plans on a regular basis and initiate recovery procedures when necessary.
- Control and manage database changes or enhancements in line with current Change Control policies.
- The implementation of code releases and configuration changes throughout the system life cycle. Review relevant change and custom releases for risk and impact analysis as part of the whole team to ensure a robust and efficient production system.
- Create and maintain system/process documentation.
- Assist other roles such as Developers, Functional Consultants, and users with technical issues.
- Ensures that account is taken of any relevant statutory or external regulations, standards, and codes of good practice.
- Provide support to project delivery managers to upgrade, develop and implement new systems, applications, and services appropriate to the role and to agreed timescales.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.