£38 - £42 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
10 days ago
6 months +
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the UK's transportation, energy and water sectors.
Due to an increase in contract awards, an exciting opportunity has arisen on a contract basis (Outside IR35) for a Temporary works engineer to support them in their Manchester office/home based.
Working with minimal supervision or guidance, the fundamental requirement of this role is to deliver temporary works designs for projects across a range of sectors, including rail, water and highways.
• Development of detailed design of required elements of temporary works
• Development of TWs registers and assisting site teams in seeking solutions
• Category 3 design checking
• RAMS reviews and buildability reviews for temporary works
• Managing graduate engineers in the development of designs
• Effectively communicating and collaborating with site TWCs and relevant teams to develop ideas
• Innovating and developing new solutions
You will be based in Manchester although currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, with occasional visits to other offices and site.
• Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering
• Must be chartered or working towards chartership with ICE or IStructE
• Must have considerable experience as a Civil/Structural Engineer with Temporary Works Design experience
• Must be competent in temporary works design including (but not exclusively): earthwork stability, retaining structures, formwork, working platforms, scaffolding.
• Must be competent in engineering software, including CAD.
• Experience of Network Rail, Highways England standards and works specifications (DMRB, MCHW)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment, although must be able to self-manage
Manchester / home based with occasional site visits
£38-£42 Ltd p/hr
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.