£42 - £47 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
4 months ago
6 months +
Our Client is a UK based technology and engineering consultancy, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets.
Due to an increase in work an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join them on a contract basis in their Manchester office, you will be able to work remotely part of the week.
Description of Duties:
• Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects.
• Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way.
• Providing technical guidance to others.
• Effective communication with other disciplines and construction teams.
• Confident and authoritative in front of clients.
• Personal Qualities: Flexible and organised, service minded, ability to work independently, team working skills
• Min. 10-15 Years’ Experience
• Previous design roles on Major Highways & Infrastructure Projects – i.e. Senior or Principal Engineer/Technical Lead Level Roles etc.
• Experience of highways drainage
• Experience of flood compensation/relief schemes
• Flood risk assessment experience
• Culvert/watercourse (inc dam) knowledge
• Technical Assurance - Checking/Approving Experience etc.
• Understanding of BIM (i.e. Requirement for Levels 2/3 etc.)
• ProjectWise (PW) Project Collaboration Software & Workflows
• Basic Working Knowledge of MicroStation/AECOsim etc. Would Be a Plus.
• Temporary Works (TW)/Temporary Highway Works (THW) Experience Would Be a Bonus
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.