£30 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
7 months ago
Our Client is a UK based Technology and Engineering Consultancy, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the UK's Transportation, energy and utilities markets.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer to support them on a major new road scheme- the Preston Western Distributor, which will link Preston and southern Fylde to the M55 motorway. The scheme will include a new motorway junction, four new bridges and three underpasses.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer you will responsible for ensuring that the works elements under your control are delivered to the correct quality and in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Working collaboratively with the wider project team to deliver successful project outcomes.
- To provide engineering services for elements of the work e.g. piling, drainage, earthworks, pavements, concrete structures etc. in line with program requirements
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required
- Assist in preparing RAMS prior to work commencing
- Monitor supply chain including reviewing their safe systems of work
- Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policies and report any standards on the site which are considered buy you as inadequate
- Where required supervise assistant engineers and collaborate with the works supervisors
- Reviewing drawings, schedules, specifications, method statements and pass information on to the site supervisor, supply chain and labour force
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain enough accurate information for construction of the works. formally request any missing information insufficient time to allow the program to proceed without delay
- Ensure records are kept for work performed, problems experienced, labour, plant and materials used, communications to and from client, supply chain and third parties
- Confirm in writing any verbal instructions received from the client or designer and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained
- Regular calibration testing of instruments and recording of tests
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 3 weekly programmed in conjunction with the senior engineer
- Prepare and present records on progress and program
- Complete inspection and test plans, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality
- Maintain survey books as required
- Ensure quality control and implement best practice
- Reconciliation material usage and wastage
- Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience delivering complex structures/roadworks in a similar role
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Other relevant training (preferred includes Appointed Person, relevant lifting training and temporary works co-ordination)
- Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of construction contracts and forms of contract through formal training
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Primavera software)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.