£32000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
17 days ago
Darwen - Blackburn
£32000 - 33000 -attractive package including pension scheme with generous company contributions, private health insurance, life insurance, flexible working and free parking, plus access to wellbeing and discount employee schemes.
This role is a days based role but is required to cover around 20 shifts annually which can include evenings and weekends, due to holidays/sickness etc,
As a result of continued success our client has an opportunity for a new Maintenance Technician to join their Engineering team on their manufacturing site in Darwen.
An exciting time to join this organisation, our client is a world leading chemical manufacturer of a range products for a variety of industries on a global scale. They are an award winning business, with over 30 years experience within their specialist sector, encompassing design development and manufacturing of their own specific product range on site.
There is opportunity in this role for progression in the future, but would suit a technician with either mechanical or electrical bias, potentially someone keen to develop in a larger more stable business or looking to get onto a day shift.
- Team takes responsibility for all systems across site from office lighting to industrial boilers and air compressors.
- You will have schedules of regular maintenance checks to complete, whilst also assisting with engineering projects and using your insight to suggest any areas for improvement.
- Health and Safety is our top priority on site, therefore adherence to this is key; as our company motto
- Experience within a manufacturing setting would be suited completing both reactive fault finding and basic maintenance and PPM’s
- This is an environment suited to a chemical background or FMCG industry based on the plant layout and process used
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and reactive environment with fast and effective fault-finding and problem solving skills
- A background knowledge in any of Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation
- HNC/ONC qualified in a relevant background
- Sound health and safety knowledge working in a manufacturing background
- Familiar with safe systems of work such as Permit to Work, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.