Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
4 months ago
Mechanical Project Engineer - Middlesbrough
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading Bulk Liquid Storage providers, based from their site in Middlesbrough.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will provide engineering support to the Operations, Safety and Commercial departments, ensure that terminal projects and engineering systems are managed safely, efficiently and effectively and ensure competent, safe and accurate completion of all allocated tasks to maintain the quality performance of the company.
They will manage Engineering Projects as required by the business including; the production of design calculations, drawings, specifications, programmes and budgets, procurement, installation and commissioning.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Attending site as required for critical project activities
- Ensuring that all contractors working on the site comply with site rules and regulations
- Managing contractors including; production of permits to work, method statements, risk assessments and identifying all hazards
- Engineering assessment of potential new products
- Providing technical expertise as required by the terminal and UK business
- Installing and initially testing SIS
- Ensuring suitable input received from terminal management team for all engineering and maintenance work
- Advising on purchasing of major equipment and services
- Maintaining terminal technical records
- Providing assistance to terminal emergency response as detailed in the emergency plan
- Providing input as required to various audits carried out on the terminal
- Deputising for members of terminal engineering team as necessary
- Ensuring Engineering and maintenance procedures are followed
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of procedures
- Attending and contributing to Hazop meetings and completing relevant actions
- Participating in safety audits and safety observation rounds
Project Management experience and design and operation of Piping systems is essential. Functional Safety Awareness is desirable.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.