Competitive salary and package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Craftsperson to join Europe’s leading bulk liquid storage and transportation provider, based in South Yorkshire.
The Electrical Craftsperson will undertake the day to day electrical maintenance and testing on the pipeline system for the region and liaise with the relevant technical and local managerial staff in the resolution of defects, changes in the operation of specific plant items or to provide information in response to a maintenance alert.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Updating computer maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Undertaking maintenance of LV distribution small power and lighting, emergency lighting and fire alarm testing
- Electrical periodic inspection and testing to BS 7671 and BS 60079 including Hazardous area electrical inspection and testing work
- Assisting sub-contractors for emergent work or professional surveys
- Attending to call-outs in accordance with local arrangements
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping to ensure that all facilities, plant and equipment are maintained in an efficient working manner
- Working to standards, procedures and work instructions for Safety Critical Tasks to meet COMAH requirements
- Balancing Risk effectively and to ALARP when making decisions
- Ensuring all tasks carried out conform to company policies, procedures and systems
This role is a mobile position, covering a group of sites across the Pipeline System network, so the Electrical Craftsperson must be prepared to travel as part of their working day. A company van will be issued for this purpose.
The Electrical Craftsperson will also be available for overtime when required for out of hours' breakdowns and emergencies.
The following knowledge and experience is advantageous:
- CompEx EXOl, EX02, EX03, EX04
- CompEx, 2394 and 2395 and 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- BS7671 qualified
- CCNSG Safety Passport.
- Electrical Inspection and Testing, 2394 and 2395.
- HV approved person .
- SSOW awareness, experience
- ATG systems .
- Rotork actuators
- Process Safety Awareness
- Gas Monitoring
- CO MAH
- Confined space
The Electrical Craftsperson should have previous experience in a maintenance role within a petrochemical or process industry environment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.