£40000 per annum, Benefits: 4 contracted day working week, excellent pension, private health, enhanced paternity/maternity/sickness, progression and training opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, holiday buy scheme
+44 (0)151 666 8999
23 days ago
£40000, 4 contracted day working week, excellent pension, private health, enhanced paternity/maternity/sickness, progression and training opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, holiday buy scheme
Are you interested in joining a well established not for profit organization that’s grown by over 700 staff in the past 10 years, and have scope to grow hugely in the next two years. The businesses remit is to make the UK manufacturing sector more productive and received funding from a variety of different methods including UK government.
The role is to work in the expanding Data & Information team supporting on projects relating to Manufacturing Capability Readiness Levels, the development and deployment of manufacturing enterprise systems such as MES and CMM. Should you have a solid background in MES or CMM deployments or both together please feel free to apply.
Should you harbour a keen interest in IOT, industry 4.0 with the following experience within manufacturing and lots of scope for progression then please get in touch.
- The post holder will be responsible for delivering projects related to manufacturing enterprise systems, analysis systems and software development;
- To support the requirements engineering phase and ensure that the industrial requirements are appropriately translated to the technical delivery teams;
- To develop proposals for individual research projects to meet clients’ needs in full;
- To ensure that research work is undertaken to meet or exceed the customers’ quality expectations and to project manage it within the budgets and timescales
- allocated to each project;
- To promote our clients capabilities capabilities through publications in International Journals and presentations at prestigious conferences, to Professional Bodies and Specialist Interest Groups with due consideration of confidentiality requirements associated with particular areas of research / projects;
- As you develop in the role you’ll be involved in technical leadership of project and work package portfolio >£100K and of strategic initiatives;
- Project management of project and/or work package portfolio >£100K and strategic initiatives;
- Customer and partner liaison in large collaborative projects to ensure requirements capture, project delivery, overall project direction;
- Lead engagement with new customers and win new business;
- Be willing to apply for Developed Vetting (DV) security clearance, should business need arise.
- Own career development through mentoring coaching and training courses.
- This role requires you to have demonstrable experience of enterprise system integration & deployments (i.e. MES, CMM, Historians etc.);
- Knowledge of the manufacturing sector and digital technologies;
- Knowledge of Business Process Modelling (BPMN), Object Oriented Modelling, Unified Process (UML2);
- Experience using SQL for data extraction and management (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL);
- Experience and expert knowledge of at least one of the high level programming languages (Java, C/C++ or C#);
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores, open source big-data technology, such as Apache Hadoop, Storm;
- Excellent communication skills (especially with non-technical audiences);
- Knowledge of ISA 95 - Manufacturing Enterprise System Standards;
- Demonstrable experience of enterprise system integration & deployments (i.e. MES, CMM,
- Historians etc.);
- Knowledge of relevant health & safety and environmental issues;
- Experience in data modelling and exchange in manufacturing domain e.g. OPC-UA, B2MML (1).
- Demonstrable software development skills using Java/C#/C++/python. Experience of SQL.
- Usually 3 or more years' recent and substantial work experience on relevant manufacturing systems in industrial manufacturing or R&D environments;
- Demonstrable experience of enterprise system deployments or bespoke developments (i.e. MES, CMM, Historian etc.);
- Knowledge of the manufacturing sector and deep understanding of manufacturing systems and technologies;
- Experience of working in a high quality academic research or industrial R&D environment,
- Demonstrable commercial skills and acumen including experience of proposing, costing, pricing and winning R+D project work from industrial organisations in a competitive environment;
- Experience of strategic planning in a high quality academic research or industrial R&D environment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.