£37 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
8 months ago
6 months +
Our Client is a world leading design, engineering and management Consultancy. They specialise in various sectors including rail, highways and Transportation, utilities, energy.
Due to an increased program of works they are currently seeking Highways Engineers to support them in London and Birmingham. Although due to Covid restrictions will be home based initially.
Oxford Street redevelopment overall goal to uplift area and reduce traffic. Reduction of traffic / Public realm improvements / Provisions for cyclists / Pedestrianisation.
- Design focused roles, not too admin / process heavy.
- Fast pace, fairly high pressure.
- Role includes moving curb lines / drainage / traffic signs / surfaces and materials
- Working with other teams responsible for artwork / lighting / social value schemes / landscape architecture
- Ideally experience working with an outsourced support team as they will need to liaise with our team in India / Philippines who will do the bulk of drawing work
- Civils 3d. not a formal BIM environment. Project wise for info sharing. Drawings done mainly in GEC but they will need to top & tail drawings, do quality control and get sign offs on designs
- 1 person needed for davies street redevelopment just south of oxford street where new Crossrail station is at bond street
- 2 needed for closure of oxford circus main junction. Where does traffic go? Wider effects on cyclists and pedestrians? Creating “piazzas” at oxford circus.
- Ideally chartered but not essential, experience more important
Start date – Late April early May
Duration – 6 months initially
Location – Remote working for next two months but ideally commutable to client office on in Central London for when covid restrictions lift but could also be commutable to Birmingham.
IR35 - Outside
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.