£60000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, relocation allowance and excellent benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
8 days ago
Holmes Chapel (Cheshire)
£60-80k + bonus 15% (pro rated for 2021), excellent benefits and relocation allowance available if necessary
An exciting new role generated through internal promotion for an experienced Project Engineering Manager from a Pharmaceutical background. The role will ensure cost effective, on time in full, HSE and quality complaint delivery of a project program including budgeting and cost estimating, conceptual design, defining user requirements, detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover to operations.
Should you come from a pharmaceutical background and be interested in delivery of a range of projects including Building infrastructure, utilities, roofing repairs, process engineering, trials, replacement of control systems in manufacturing, new packing lines then please get in touch.
- Management and leadership of the project team of 8-10 staff and overall projects program including end to end accountability for project delivery ensuring resources required for project delivery are in place including support from other functions and that oversight is provided throughout.
- Ensuring the project governance process is applied, maintained and developed and that investment options are accessed to ensure maximum economic return on capital deployed
- Promote, identify and implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Ensuring all projects are delivered in an HSE and Quality compliant manner and that all corporate and regulatory requirements are met.
- Developing project specific budgets, annual capital program budgets and controlling and monitoring project and program send.
- Developing the capability of the team and the team members.
- Manage the sites five year forward investment program ensuring full integration of all forward spend requirements across the business including: sustenance, improvement and business development capital requirements.
- Direct management of specific projects within the program
- Ensure all engineering project work is undertaken by competent staff and that resource is effectively managed. Where external engineering consultants and contractors are engaged ensure that the services provided are in accordance with company standards and practices and are secured in the most economic manner.
- Performance manages the team through setting and reviewing priorities. Provides appropriate and timely feedback about performance and coaches team members to help them achieve their goals
- Supports the professional and career development of the team by identifying the skills and competencies that employees need for their current and prospective roles and provide opportunities to learn and practice new skills
- Leads the building of a motivated and engaged team through the use of formal and informal recognition, regular communications and the encouragement of cooperation between individuals and teams
- Takes personal accountability to use personal experience and knowledge, as well as the training and tools provided, to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all ethics and governance relevant to the role (including the Industry)
- Escalates any decisions or seek the support of colleagues or management if personal knowledge and understanding is not at the level required to carry out any part of the role.
- Degree in Engineering with a number of years experience in project leadership
- Functional engineering experience within a production environment
- Pharmaceutical experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.