£45000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
My client is a Global Chemical business. Following an internal promotion, they are looking to recruit a HSE Advisor to join the business on a Permanent basis.
As a Health and Safety expert, the ideal candidate will add a degree of leadership across EH&S for a number of business units as part of a larger team.
The position shall ultimately ensure that identified Health, Safety and Environment requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all work areas. The position shall also ensure that HSE processes are being adhered to in accordance with corporate standards and all relevant UK legislated standards for Health, Safety and Environmental.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the HSE Strategic Plan for the Company.
- Lead or support Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and site facilities inspections to ensure equipment / facilities are installed correctly and safely.
- Assist in conducting Incident Investigations.
- Participate in Global HSE networks to develop internal safety policies and communications.
- Participate and lead HSE meetings, presentations and training to ensure effective and timely
- Act as an OIMS System Administrator
- communication and responses from senior management to Corporate / UK HSE issues and information.
- Notify, liaise and consult with relevant authorities (HSE etc) and outside stakeholders to ensure
- Expectations are met in the area of HSE performance.
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with current UK HSE legislation
- Work closely with the HSE Leader and Site Leaders to enhance the awareness and management of HSE for all colleagues, contractors and the
- Ensure Contractors coordinate appropriate orientation or other training.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 health and safety qualification and demonstrable HSE experience in engineering, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals or oil and gas industry.
- An Environmental qualification such as IEMA Certificate and Knowledge of OSHA requirements would be desirable
- Chartered Member of IOSH or GradIOSH actively working towards CMIOSH.
- Degree in a science or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience in this subject area or discipline
- Experience of working with Safety management systems e.g. ISO 45001
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.