Negotiable depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8922
6 months ago
- Undertake the day to day electrical maintenance and testing on the Pipeline System as directed by the maintenance specialist.
- Liaise with the relevant technical and local managerial staff e.g. Site Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor, in the resolution of defects, changes in the operation of specific plant items or to provide information in response to a maintenance alert.
- Updating computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Undertake maintenance of LV distribution small power and lighting, emergency lighting and fire alarm testing.
- Electrical periodic inspection and testing to BS 7671 and BS 60079 including Hazardous area electrical inspection and testing work
- Assist sub-contractors for emergent work or professional surveys.
- Attend to call-outs in accordance with local arrangements.
- Receive Permit to work if required for work to be undertaken
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping to ensure that all facilities, plant and equipment are maintained in an efficient working manner
- Undergo any training/ re-training that may be required to ensure that the requirements of company procedures, the client and statutory regulations are met.
- This role is a mobile one, covering a group of sites across the Pipeline System network, so you must be prepared to travel as part of your working day. A company van will be issued to you for this purpose.
- Be available for overtime when required for out of hours' breakdowns and emergencies
- CompEx, 2394 and 2395 and 17th Edition IEE Regulations.BS7671 qualified.
- Experience in a maintenance role within a petrochemical or process industry environment
- An ability to understand site rules and procedures
- Report writing
- Ability to receive and work within the parameters of a permit.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage own workload with little support
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.