£40000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8958
S HW Eng - Cardiff
2 months ago
The successful applicant will be joining a small-medium sized team with ambitious growth plans, led by a young, highly respected and well-connected Manager, who has created an enjoyable and efficient working environment. The work is predominantly new schemes, part of a major contract that the opportunity to work on is sought after. Packages on offer are highly competitive.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and receive help to shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills, or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions. This employer strongly encourages development towards a professional qualification and pride themselves on mentoring engineers of all calibre, and as such always offer significant support and bonuses towards achieving Chartership.
- Develop designs in relation to varied Highways schemes following the client’s requirements and relevant design standards
- Represent the business stream in multi‐disciplined project teams
- Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal, and assessment reports
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including then planning, monitoring, and reporting of project resources
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant Stakeholders
- Circa 5+ years’ experience in the design of Highway related schemes
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in an appropriate subject
- Chartered or Incorporated status held with an appropriate professional body is preferable but not essential
- Ability to demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements
- Experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- Knowledge of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.