£50000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 month ago
£50-55k plus benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join a manufacturer supplying into Automotive, Aerospace, Space, Marine and other sectors. There is a current opening for an experienced Production Manager to join the team looking after a team of around 30 staff.
If you have a solid background working in Automotive or Aerospace Manufacturing sectors then this role might suit you perfectly.
This is a growing business with an exciting cutting edge product that’s in demand all over the world, and if you seek to take ownership of a department, looking after quality planning and productivity levels then please get in touch.
- Ensure teams report, eliminate and escalate all hazards with urgency.
- Ensure teams develop and maintain excellent standards of housekeeping.
- Management of individual performance, conduct and capability within the team
- Deliver weekly quality targets working with the quality team to eliminate non conformance and poor quality
- Deliver weekly output & plan adherence, controlling overtime where needed to enable target achievement
- Deliver OTIF target with effective prioritisation from daily OTIF meeting.
- Deliver scrap targets with high accuracy of scrap reporting.
- Lead daily safety, quality, cost, delivery and people meetings with different teams across the business
- Represent the department at daily Operations meetings.
- Attend weekly production planning meeting and set and agree plans for the team to achieve and also work around challenges you may have encountered
- Completion of customer complaint investigations with robust sustainable corrective actions completed in a timely manner
- Drive 5S improvements and culture across both departments
- Deliver on agreed training objectives to ensure all operators & technicians are cross trained to offer a high level of flexibility
- Ensure careful management of spares & consumables within agreed budgets
- You will have transferrable leadership and management experience from an automotive, aerospace or textiles background
- You will have a sound understanding of Operational Excellence.
- IATF experience would be beneficial
- Relevant and preferable qualifications would be in Manufacturing, Engineering or Science. Lean
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.