£50 - £60 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 month ago
12 months ongoing
Our Client is a large Highways service provider, they operate throughout the Uk delivering Highways Maintenance schemes.
Due to an increase in workload an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to support them in their Bristol office.
- To undertake the Project Management of studies and schemes in the 19/20 Renewal of Roads delivery programme from concept through to completion of construction.
- To represent Highways England as an Operations lead within a multi-disciplinary project team and to proactively drive the successful and efficient delivery of scheme objectives to the agreed programme and budget.
- Production of programmes for studies, feasibility, surveys, design and construction
- Produce budget costs and forecasts.
- Monitor programme cost performance, identify and challenge scope changes, manage back to programme/budget, or agree and implement change control.
- Produce Task Briefs for pre-VM and detailed design work and contract manage delivery.
- Ensure compliance with delivery governance and quality requirements.
- Ensure CDM compliance.
- Attend and support Collaborative Programme Planning meetings.
- Attend project meetings and workshops (internal and external).
- Promote and capture innovation and efficiencies saving.
- Produce and manage study/scheme specific Risk Registers.
- Update high level Risk Registers.
- Collaborate with supply chain and oversee procurement process.
- Support the production of Communication Plans.
- Produce monthly progress reports.
The successful Project Manager will have the following competencies:
- Prince 2 Practitioner, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years experience in delivering a programme of highways studies and schemes ranging in size and complexity (circa £20m/annum).
- Working knowledge of Highways England’s standards and delivery processes and procedures, including value management and Departures from Standard requirements.
- Working knowledge of CDM requirements
- Working knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract
- Experience of Collaborative Programme Planning
- Experience in Lean practices
- Proven ability to manage cost, time and quality
- Good communication skills and able to work at all levels within multidisciplinary teams and with partners, stakeholders and customers
- Able to work with other project managers to programme multiple schemes with minimum disruption to Customers.
- Based Bristol for three days per week
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.