+44 (0)151 666 8943
1 day ago
3on 3off, 12 hours, days and nights
6am-6pm / 6pm-6am
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer in Cardiff is recruiting an Engineering Team Leader to join their growing Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and progress your career with an established and growing manufacturing site. Ideally you will be a Multi Skilled Engineer with Electrical Bias who has the desire and capability of leading and motivating a Multi Skilled team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be required to lead and coordinate area planned maintenance activities across shift to ensure customer service levels are met. You will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge of engineers and apprentices on shift; supporting the Engineering Manager in building a high performing team.
Engineering Team Leader, Key responsibilities;
- Responsible for coordinating planned maintenance and breakdown support to all areas of the site including all service facilities.
- Provide a first point of contact, to all production staff, for all engineering issues.
- Liaise with appropriate levels of staff to ensure effective communication.
- Responsible for ensuring contractors are permitted and working to safe procedures whilst on site.
- Using CMMS to report to Engineering Managers all activity and KPIs on shift.
- Deputising for area engineering managers, as and when required.
- Communicating with the Engineering team and regular sharing of information.
- Facilitating the team’s knowledge acquisition in accordance with the Departmental training matrix through the use of SOP’s.
- Ensuring all engineering activities are compliant with health & safety practices.
You will need to be a Multi skilled engineer (Ideally Electrical Bias) who holds the appropriate Engineering qualifications. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can provide examples, as demonstrated through their behaviour, of a continuous improvement mind-set.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.