£45000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
7 months ago
Days: Monday to Friday
A leading Food Manufacturer in South Lanarkshire is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team. Due to huge growth and investment on site, this role can offer a huge amount of career progression and further professional development. The progression route would be Site Engineering Lead within 3 years for the right person.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Lead, you will effectively manage Engineering resource ensuring continuous improvement and optimisation of the plant and all equipment. For this role we will consider Engineering Supervisors or Assistant Managers who may be looking for the next step in their career, or perhaps Engineeing managers looking for a new challenge.
We are looking for a strong leader who has the passion to coach, mentor and lead their Engineering team from the front.
Brief Summary of Responsibilities:
- To manage, develop and maximise team performance, through the utilisation of sound leadership and coaching techniques
- Develop ‘Line Plans’ identifying key areas of ‘downtime’ and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and ancillary building services are maintained to the highest standard.
- Prepare team briefs and group discussions to improve communication and motivation.
- Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
- Strive to forge strong bonds with operations, becoming more aligned and customer orientated as a result.
- Drive Engineering standards, in particular Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
- Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
- Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput on a daily basis.
- Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a ‘Value for money’ approach to Cost Centre Management.
- Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business.
You will need to have a proven track record of Front-Line Management within an FMCG environment, as well as recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications. We are looking for a strong leader with the experience and desire to develop and coach team performance and lead from the front. Knowledge of Continuous improvement / Lean techniques such as Six Sigma would be an advantage.
Please apply online or contact Paul Bradley for more information 0151 666 8943
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.