£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Holiday, Private Health, Other benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 days ago
Darwen - Blackburn
£40-45k -attractive package including pension scheme with generous company contributions, private health insurance, life insurance, flexible working and free parking, plus access to well-being and discount employee schemes.
As a result of continued success our client has an opportunity for a new mechanically biased Project Engineer to join an experienced team in their manufacturing facility based in Blackburn.
An exciting time to join this organisation, our client is a world leading chemical manufacturer of a range products for a variety of industries on a global scale. They are an award winning business, with over 30 years experience within their specialist sector, encompassing design development and manufacturing of their own specific product range on site.
This role suits someone who is looking to progress their career towards Project Management in the longer term, and is used to working in a manufacturing environment.
- Taking responsibility for projects from concept to delivery, including optioneering, feasibility studies, design reviews and commissioning
- Reviewing and resolving issues with existing site machine and pressure systems
- Developing an awareness of the existing interconnected infrastructure (e.g. boilers, cooling towers, hydraulics, air compressors, vacuum pumps)
- Liaising with and ensuring clear communication between internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Ensuring projects achieve their objectives, whilst also maintaining the company’s priorities in relation to SHEQ
- Degree/HNC/HND or other accredited qualification is desirable, however not essential depending on experience
- Specialist core skills in Mechanical and Machinery engineering
- Proven project leadership experience within a Process/FMCG industry
- Understanding of mechanical and machine systems, pressure systems, material handling equipment
- Experience of working with mechanical ATEX/COMAH would be beneficial
- Multi-discipline awareness (Civil/Structural, EC&I, Process, Maintenance,
- Experience of managing installation and construction activities
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.