£24000 - £27000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
28 days ago
6 months initially
The successful Import Compliance Assistant will help to receive and control import documentation required to meet clearance procedures for the movement of goods.
The successful Import Compliance Assistant will have previous Import administration experience. You will have excellent communication and customer service skills liaising with both internal and external customers, freight forwarders and regulatory bodies.
• Run daily reports to identify new shipments and documents required for processing.
• Liaison with shipping lines and forwarding agents to verify accuracy of ETA’s on shipments in transit report and amend as required
• Receive and record all import documentation.
• Check and verify accuracy of documentation supplied (e.g. Invoice, preference certs, health certs and bills of lading)
• Chase supplier/buying/accounts for any missing or replacement documentation required
• Recording shipment detail onto Excel spreadsheet and forwarding applicable documentation to agents/carriers and port health authorities
• Compilation of insurance declaration schedules
• Escalate any issues to the Trade compliance coordinator/Trade compliance manager as appropriate
• Assist the Trade Compliance Manager with other duties in line with the scope of the role as required
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.