£££dependent on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8953
6 months ago
The successful Operations Accountant will be responsible for providing robust financial information and guidance to key stakeholders to inform the decision-making process and assist delivery of business revenue and profit targets.
The successful Operations Accountant will have previous FMCG experience in a similar position with the ability to challenge and influence the business around financial decision making. Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant, although part qualified and qualified by experience candidates will also be considered. Experience of working closely with and influencing non finance managers is essential.
Responsibilities of the Operations / Commercial Accountant include:
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of daily and weekly reports to enable business performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Daily and weekly reporting of departmental labour costs and variance performance
- Close liaison with the management team to identify trends, opportunities and areas of under-performance in order to enhance the overall performance and profitability of the business
- Encourage site profit enhancing initiatives and ensure that deliverables are achieved
- Close liaison with site finance team (incl. cost accountant and work study manager) to ensure accurate product costing
- Review of stock analysis and the investigation of variances
- To support in promoting process improvement and cultural change
- Involvement in the monthly accounting cycle
- Input into the site weekly forecasting and annual budget cycle
Application Via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.