PAYE Only. Rate negotiable.
+44 (0)151 666 8937
29 days ago
All about us:
Our client, a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries is on the lookout for a decommissioning site supervisor on site at Dounreay.
Key responsibilities as a Site Supervisor:
- Provide safe and effective task supervision of decommissioning activities within an assigned area in accordance with Company and local arrangements
- Maintain safe and secure workplace; identifying safety environmental and information security risks and hazards, apply STAR and report events
- Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the management system
- Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of operations within a radiological environment and ensure compliance with management system requirements
- Determine and implement supervision levels
- Supervise and monitor work activities ensuring safety / environmental controls are appropriate & understood
- Oversee contractors (if required) ensuring they have appropriate levels of supervision and are adhering to safety / environmental controls
- Monitor team dose levels
- Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours
- Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety and environment leadership
- Set to work and effective supervise the daily activities of a team monitoring performance
- Set and communicate work standards
- Establish correct work ethic and culture
- Be responsible for specific decommissioning tasks and to deliver work within scope while ensuring excellent health safety and environmental performance
- Produce and control operating safety documentation including risk assessments and method statements
- Working in a technical discipline
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication skills
- Safety qualification such as IOSH managing safely
- Ability to coordinate and manage a variety of activities at the same time
- Knowledge of waste processing
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.