Competitive salary + package
+44 (0)151 666 8922
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join the Terminal Engineering Team of the UK’s leading independent bulk liquid storage provider.
The Project Engineer will support the Operations, Safety and commercial departments, ensuring that terminal projects and engineering systems are managed safely, efficiently and effectively. They will ensure the competent, safe and accurate completion of all allocated tasks and manage engineering projects including; the production of design calculations, drawings, specifications, programmes and budgets, procurement, installation and commissioning.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all engineering and maintenance procedures are followed
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of company procedures
- Ensure suitable input is received from terminal management team for all engineering and maintenance work
- Advise on the purchasing of major equipment and services
- Maintain terminal technical records
- Provide assistance to terminal emergency response as detailed in the emergency plan
- Provide input to various audits carried out on the terminal
- Ensure that all contractors working on the site comply with site rules and regulations
- Engineering assessment of potential new products
- Provide technical expertise as required by the terminal and UK business
The Project Engineer will also be responsible for site contractors including; production of permits to work, method statements, risk assessments and identifying all hazards. They will attend Hazop meetings and participate in regular safety audits.
They may be required to attend site out of normal hours, if required for critical project activities.
The Project Engineer will have a relevant Engineering Qualification and an awareness of Functional Safety. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a fuel storage/ pipeline management environment, ideally with COMAH site experience.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.