£350 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
7 months ago
Our Client is a UK based Construction and engineering Company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the Energy, Transportation and Water sectors.
An opportunity has arisen for a Temporary Works Coordinator to support them on a new scheme they have in Preston.
The Preston Western Distributor Road is a new dual carriageway linking the M55 in the north to the A583 in the south. The client Lancashire County Council (on behalf of the City Deal) is delivering the scheme to support the North West Preston strategic housing area accommodating over 5000 new houses. The new road also improves access to the strategic road network and the Enterprise Zone site at Warton and the Westinghouse Springfield’s site at Salwick.
The Preston Western Distributor is approximately 4.3km long with a new Junction 2 on the M55. Other junctions along its length serve the new East West Link Road and the new Cottam Link Road, both part of the scheme. The East West Link Road (3.4km) and Cottam Link Road (0.8km) are both single lane carriageways. The scheme will also provide the opportunity for enhanced pedestrian and cycle routes by providing segregated off-road shared cycleway/footway connections to residential areas as well as with the existing Guild Wheel Cycle Route. The road also requires six major structures to be constructed, including two muti-span viaducts over the Lancaster Canal, Preston to Blackpool Railway and Savick Brook.
Reporting to the Temporary Works Manager you will be jointly responsible for ensuring that the projects temporary works requirements are both designed and constructed in compliance with Procedures and BS 5975.
The successful applicant will be required to follow the design process supporting the Site Team with writing Design Briefs and supporting designers with respect to ensuring that they have all the information they need. The successful applicant will perform a coordination role issuing approved design and Designer Risk Assessments to the site team and managing additional documents such as correspondence, calculations & design check certificates as evidence the design process is managed correctly.
The candidate is expected to be a competent TW inspector, and have experience in issuing Permits to Load on a large highway project.
- Ensure the delivery teams are provided with safe, workable temporary works in accordance with the contract programme. Many of these designs will be from supplier or subcontractors.
- Ensure process for temporary works management is applied fully and efficiently
- Manage the technical assurance (TA) of all temporary works design as part of the Costain process. (including checks on supply chain proposals)
- Back-Up the project’s Temporary Works Files on the Business Collaborator File Management System
- Advise the Construction Team where temporary works designs may be required.
- Ensure that designs are suitably categorised with respect to the appropriate Risk Class
- Ensure the that upcoming Temporary Works are identified on the register and assist the Construction Team with the production of design briefs that are both complete and accurate
- Liaise with permanent works designers to resolve issues regarding construction sequence and buildability as necessary
- Carry out frequent site visits, performing inspections of erected/ installed temporary works prior to first loading, periodic inspections and wherever site conditions change
- Issue the Permit to Load to the Site Team when the erected/ installed temporary works is fit for purpose and complies with the design.
- Identify risks and state required safety measures on the TW permit
- Ensure compliance with current CDM regulations, Temporary Works Best Practice and all applicable technical standards
- Drive innovation in temporary works, including investigation, evaluation, and integration of best practice.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, Diploma, NVQ Level 3 or higher (essential)
- Previous experience of temporary works Management (3 years essential)
- Understanding and application of BS5975:2008 + A1 2011 (essential)
- Thorough understanding and application of the CDM Regulations (essential)
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator Course (ideal)
- Completed SMSTS (ideal)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.