£375 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8972
6 months ago
Our Client is a UK based construction and Engineering Company, they provide smart infrastructure solutions to the Energy, Transport and water sectors.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced IVQT Inspector to support the team on a Smart Motorways scheme in Northants.
Smart Motorways ease any excess traffic flow by converting the hard shoulder to a running lane and using new technology to vary speed limits in response to driving conditions. Works will include extensive earthworks, significant rotary bored & sheet piling, a improved drainage system, numerous reinforced concrete foundations for structural steelwork gantries, a new ducted infrastructure system and installation of overhead electronic signs.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a IQVT Inspector – Technology to support the Quality Manager in ensuring that the processes and procedures are in place to deliver right first time to Project.
- Ensure inspection and test plans are implemented by the site management team are being adhered to.
- Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans
- Consistently review the works information in line with current revision status.
- Support the development of either Project or Business Stream Quality strategies or plans
- Support the Quality team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improveme
- Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions.
- Support the establishment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Undertake specific investigations and/or report on quality related issues as required.
- Manage the day-to-day site activities of the Technology site installations team.
- Inspect the works undertaken by the Communications installation Subcontractors and or supply chain.
- Provide assurance that the construction and installations process meet HA and Design standards / requirements
- Collecting and initial review of handover documentation resulting from the Installations process for processing and full review by the Technology Installations Manager
- Understand fully the required tests and inspections within SHW and can confirm a pass or fail etc.
- Technology Engineering team assigned to specific areas of the contract
- Liaise with other disciplines for smooth integration of site works activities
- Maintain and agree true and accurate records as per SHW and ITPs and store immediately as per site processes
- Assist in the production of Inspection & Test Plans for all communications and technology installation related to site installation activities and that the necessary records are updated and maintained
- Ensure all relevant documentation is collected for upload to the project collaborative workspace examples of which being CGT, observation register, CGT production hub, NCR register
- Ensure that technology assets are maintained through construction
- Ensure timescales for commitments, actions and deliverables are me.
- Effectively communicate construction programme requirements to technology team and subcontractors
- Work with Technology Installations Manager to monitor and report progress.
- Work with the Technology Installations Manager to co-ordinate work sequences and interfaces between sub-contractors
- Assist in the production of Scope of work documentation for handover to the Client.
- Treat quality within the same ethos of health and Safety
- Apply practical experience in quality inspections in a real-time production environment.
- Endeavour to supply Civils and Technology quality construction processes in all aspects of Highways construction
Understanding of Quality Specification for Highway Works and or can refer to it. For example, MCHW, works information
Understands fully the requirements of tests and inspections within SHW and can confirm a pass or fail fail.
Ensure timescales for commitments with regards to actions and deliverables are met.
Manage time effectively and efficiently
Working in conjunction with construction programme
Reduce and define defects at source for example design to enable cost effective. construction based on right first-time ethos
Right first time reduces any revisits and therefore has an impact on reducing the risk and cost implications associated with health and safety cause and consequences
Right first time means reduction in costs associated with defects found before the customer receives the product or service is reduced or negated
Suppling the best quality and inspection service possible to our customer.
Underlying the customers’ expectations regarding quality and presentation.
Delivering Our Promises – Strive to deliver on promises
Do not over promise or under deliver
No surprises – keep stakeholders informed through a culture of openness and trust
Apply a lesson learnt culture
Give help, advise and training when needed to our people, suppliers, and project staff
Mentor as when required
Innovation & Empowerment – Through openness and trust help to create an empowered culture that fosters a climate of innovation and continuous improvement
Endeavour to identify existing and potential suppliers who like us are quality driven.
Ensure compliance and understanding for all concerned
Ensure reliability and experience of all our suppliers to meet not only our company’s expectations of quality reassurances, but also more importantly our customer’s needs
Establish a mutual trust for all parties
Collaboration and Respect
Recognise that by working in collaboration with each other we can create a win-win culture that respects and values the contributions of or company
Day rate of £75 Ltd (Outside IR35)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.