North West England
£30000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Home based, fantastic benefits, reputable employer
+44 (0)151 666 8958
BC Inspector - NW
5 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous site inspection / building control experience seeking a pathway towards becoming a Building Control or Structural Warranty Surveyor, including Chartership support. You should have previous experience in construction of new dwellings, with some understanding of Building Regulations and Technical Standards.
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with developers and builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximizing time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the database and communicating comments to clients
- Carry out developer assessments at the completion of projects
- Ongoing liaison surveyors and management on technical matters to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing Liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance
- Part or Full member of professional body: RICS, CABE or CIOB preferred but not essential
- Minimum qualifcations: HNC/HND or NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline
- Relevant experience within building construction
- An understanding of regulatory controls
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.