+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 2 months ago
As soon as possible
Highly competitive salary (dependant on experience) plus a generous car allowance, 15% bonus, 36 days holiday and 2 more days paid leave to do charity work (plus free fruit)
Based in Liverpool
An expanding multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking to appoint an additional Senior Analytical Scientist to their team on a permanent basis to their site in Liverpool. Experience across Chromatography (e.g., SEC, IC) and Plate Based Assays (e.g., ELISA) as well as method validation, transfer and optimisation is essential.
- Responsible for performing analytics to support product development and cGMP production activities through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream).
- Responsible performing Analytical Sciences testing of facilities water points, raw materials, in process product release and stability and the lead the management of samples for projects assigned to them. They are responsible for interpreting and analysing experimental results and communicating them effectively via study reports and presentations to project teams.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing procedures to the required quality for cGMP compliance for all areas of Analytical QC and ensure traceability and documentation of the development and validation of the procedures.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting development, optimisation/ qualification and/ or technical transfer of non-validated methods (or validated methods where required) by acting as a technical lead. They are responsible for assessing and managing external testing facilities for characterisation analysis where internal analysis is not preferred.
- Manage lab areas, including supervision of scientists, resolve day to day equipment or technical issues and escalate issues when necessary to Senior Managers.
- Responsible for transfer, qualification (and validation, where required) of methods required to support processes into the manufacturing facility.
- Minimum qualification of BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with at least 5 years industry experience.
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules / protein chemistry.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to:
- Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF)
- Chromatography (SE-UPLC, RP-HPLC, AEX, HILIC)
- Immunoassays (ELISA, Potency, HCP)
- Experience of performing equipment qualification and test method validation
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.