£35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
4 months ago
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manage the development process from concept to launch in accordance with customers’ development processes and Codes of Practice. This includes agreeing and managing critical paths for product launch and following the internal group NPD process.
- Work with the NPD and Commercial teams, Customer, brand owner and Marketing to identify future trends and innovation. Liaise with the Buying team in sourcing new raw materials or packaging ensuring that all new raw materials / packaging are approved by Technical.
- Develop knowledge of raw materials and factory processes to help develop new products or make suggestions to improve existing products (in terms of margin or factory performance). This includes working closely with the Process Technologists, Technical department and suppliers.
- Develop a good working relationship with the retailers maintaining customer focus and using good influencing skills in order to protect the business
- Support the group European business on strategic projects to ensure Development takes a co-coordinated approach and is delivered in line with Customer critical paths.
- Supply complete customer documentation required for tasting panels, reviews and bench marking. This includes submitting bench marking information and creating customer presentations.
- Ensure internal reviews have been carried out and are signed off ahead of product leaving site for all samples and circulate internal review document. This includes ensuring that costings and feasibility of proposed products are approved.
- In conjunction with the Technical department, ensure the HACCP is completed for each NPD and EPD product and the relevant risk assessment is carried out prior to any factory trials, to ensure all elements of food safety are adhered to.
- Update project progress to the wider team, via weekly NPD meeting and in accordance with critical paths to ensure any issues are raised. Any issues on daily basis to be discussed with NPD line Manager.
- Involvement in generation of packaging artwork, approvals and co-ordination with the customer, Design and buying teams.
- To support Production and Process team at Pre-Production and Launch and to manage the customer, if on site, or confirm sample is dispatched to them for sign of
- Attending customer presentations and meetings
- Ideally a minimum of three years within a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work closely with other departments including, Marketing, Commercial, Operations, NPD, Technical, Purchasing and Engineering
- Ability to liaise and build relationships with external suppliers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of M&S systems would be advantageous
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.