£25.23 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8970
about 2 months ago
SC Clearance is required for this role - if you do not hold this clearance currently you must be willing to obtain this clearance once started
City & Guilds stage 1 Radiological Protection or NVQ equivalent
Our client requires an experienced Health Physics surveyor to work on a decommissioning project.
The successful candidate will be required to use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
Role and Responsibilities
The Health Physics Surveyor will:
1) Perform Health Physics Surveys (radiation and contamination) and complete Health Physics Survey Reports.
2) Use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
3) Undertake decontamination monitoring of PBAS workers.
4) Maintain a register of sources and record daily checks and defects
5) Make daily use of air sampling equipment.
6) Undertake function checking of Health Physics survey equipment and report any defects noted to Health Physics Supervisor.
7) Provide Health Physics coverage of operations as directed by Health Physics Supervisors.
8) Undertake Health Physics reassurance survey and clearance of items removed from and between controlled areas.
9) Maintain stocks of Respiratory Protective Equipment/Personal Protection Equipment.
10) Maintain local rules applicable to controlled areas, dresser and barrier duties, including the organisation with laundering of clothing.
11) Undertake instruction to trainee surveyors maintaining best practice.
12) Undertake radiological coaching of staff with whom they work.
13) Ensure that a Daily Log is completed.
14) Participate in Pre-job briefs and post job reviews.
If you are interested in this position please give me a call on 0151 666 8970, or upload your updated CV to this job posting and i will be in touch shortly.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.