£££dependent on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8953
8 months ago
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Senior Reporting Accountant will be responsible for providing high quality technical accounting expertise and play a key role in delivering accurate, relevant and timely financial reporting whilst encouraging a strong financial control environment for the group.
The successful Senior Reporting Accountant will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with excellent technical accounting skills developed either in a large practice environment or a blue chip FMCG manufacturing company. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with people in all levels of the UK and international business.
Senior Reporting Accountant key responsibilities:
- Production of all group and subsidiary statutory financial reporting ensuring accuracy, adherence to deadlines, technical and business relevance
- Ensure that all disclosures in the financial statements are supportable and are of audit quality
- Assist in the writing and checking of strategic reports and directors’ reports
- Help drive the accounting policies of the group and develop the accounting policy manual so that it remains fit for purpose
- Work with the group tax accountant to ensure statutory responsibilities are meeting a high standard and that compliance risk to the group is minimised
- Proactively assist the external audit of financial statements, managing the relationship with the internal audit team and other professional services providers as required
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.